Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Early spring this year

For us at least. Because it's finally official: we're moving to North Carolina in March. Wife and I will both be apprenticing on a farm not far from the Smokies and not far from Asheville. It's very rural (over-the-air TV is nonexistent, and I hear radio is hard to grab as well), but seems to be part of a great community. I'm pumped. We'll get to learn a lot and at the same time I'll finally get to know what it's like to wake up to mountains every single day. It's going to be quite an experiment; in other words, I'll get to see if I'm crazy for wanting to do this.

So, the next six weeks should be a bit nuts here. Got an apartment full of stuff to get rid of somehow and a whole bunch of crap to do to prepare for the move. You'll know why if I don't post much. But I hope to post a lot when we do get settled on the farm (we will have Internet access there) so I can try to document our experiences.

Possibly Related Posts



Widget by Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment